Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
We are looking for a Transport Planner to join Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Center of Expertise in Vaasa or Helsinki. In this role you will coordinate the utilization of equipment and ensure a high level of service and cost-effective movement of goods for clients in Finland, Sweden and Estonia. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands and will need to pay attention to customer requirements while balancing transport requests with available transport options and communicating about service issues with shippers and receivers.
– Communicating with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmations, and monitor important milestones
– Planning and optimizing multi-leg and multi-segment shipments
– Ensuring that carriers are monitored and that customer service is provided on any local delivery needs and on all dedicated businesses
– Calculating total transportation lead times and transport costs
– Understanding different planning techniques including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools
– Collecting local transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations
– Justifying cost overruns when they occur
– Supporting Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation
– Instructing customs brokers on how to perform customs clearance
– B.Sc. or M.Sc. with engineering or commercial background, or a related field
– Proven experience related to supply chain management (e.g. transport management, freight forwarding) gained in working life and studies
– Capability to manage and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
– Good planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
– Advanced skills in MS Office tools
– Good team working skills and customer-oriented approach to work
– Readiness for flexible working hours according to business needs
– Good written and verbal communications skills in English. Finnish and/or Swedish is seen as a strong advantage
– Ideally, you have knowledge of transportation rules and regulations (e.g. Incoterms) and experience in working with advanced TMS platforms.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.