Wärtsilä Shared Service Center (WSSC) supports the Wärtsilä companies in financial accounting or other operational tasks and acts as a gatekeeper to ensure compliance. WSSC is striving for harmonized one global Wärtsilä way of working worldwide with high quality, timely, effective and efficient processes. WSSC is sharing best practices and knowledge with focus on continuous development and operational excellence.
Wärtsilä Shared Service Center (WSSC) is now looking for energetic and committed on-call trainees to strengthen the Accounts Payable team. You will be working with Wärtsilä companies around the world and supporting with the handling of purchase invoices and other related tasks.
The positions are temporary until 31.5.2021 and are located in Vaasa, Finland.
– Validating that the incoming purchase invoices fulfil the essential quality requirements and follow the country-specific legal standards
– Handling of purchase invoices by choosing the correct G/L accounts and correct VAT, or booking them against the correct purchase orders and items
– Monitoring of the overall invoice flow and the accounts payable ledger
– Supporting the purchase invoice approvers in invoice handling and answering questions from our suppliers and internal customers
– Handling of month-end closing related tasks, such as accruals
– Continuously improving the process within own responsibility area
– Giving input for robotic process automation (RPA)
– Other tasks related to monitoring and quality control
– Balancing the workload during peak times and absences
– Currently studying Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
– Systematic and organized way of working
– Good knowledge of English, with other language skills considered as an advantage (Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese)
– Positive attitude and a mindset for continuous learning
– Proactive and analytical
– Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
– Flexibility and good team working skills
– Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving capabilities