Optitune Oy Nano-engineered coatings and research services are designed to improve the durability, optical qualities and the electrical characteristics of glass, plastic and metal. With environmentally thoughtful and rigorously managed chemistry, we are on an exciting mission to see beyond the ordinary…
The main responsibilities of the position are:
– Product development and product pilot level manufacturing of display, semiconductor and opto-electronics related coating products
– Synthesis and characterization of polymers including metal oxide polymers, silicones, siloxane polymers, organic-inorganic polymers and epoxies.
– Use independent judgment and interpretation to apply scientific principles and technical expertise to accomplish product, design and development objectives.
– Conduct product testing and performance analysis of monomers and polymers, such as DSC, TGA, DMA, GPC, rheological and physical properties and coating properties, such as, FTIR, RAMAN, Ellipsometry, SEM, TEM, AFM.
– Active role as a key member in the technology team
– The position requires the majority of time being hands-on laboratory work in addition to project management.
– PhD, M.S., Chem. Eng. or other relevant degree in Chemistry, Material Science or Polymer Science.
– Preferably work experience in chemical synthesis of monomer, polymeric materials and fine chemicals used in metal oxide polymers, silicones, siloxane polymers, organic-inorganic polymers and epoxies.
– Preferably hands on work experience in polymeric formulation, curing, characterization and testing.
– Strong technical skills, teamwork skills and management skills and be self-motivated and ambitious in product development and commercialization.
– Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and demonstrate creativity and strong problem solving skills.
– Compile data into meaningful reports and effectively present and communicate technical data to others.
Applications latest 11.10.2020 6 PM to [email protected]